Booking your Disneyland vacation and dreaming of a stay at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Spa, but not sure if it is worth the price tag? We are sharing all about the Grand Californian, giving a detailed review, from the magical touches, to a few cons. Is this hotel worth the price tag? Is it a good fit for families? What perks do you get at this hotel?
You won’t want to miss the insider info in this episode, such as why you need to put 5 people on your reservation, what important feature is missing from the bathroom that parent’s should know about, and what small detail was missing that drove us batty! Listen below and weigh in on the conversation.
Download This Episode
In This Episode
Here is what you can look forward to in this episode of the Disneyland with Kids Podcast
Review of Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Spa For Families
In this episode, Becca, from This Crazy Adventure Called Life, and Leslie, from Trips with Tykes, are giving their review of Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Spa for families visiting the Disneyland Resort.
Disclosure: Some of our stays at the Grand Californian may have been provided as part of a media event, discounted, or a complimentary upgrade (due to an overbooking at another Disneyland hotel). All opinions are 100% our own, and we still tell you are honest thoughts on the price of the hotel.
Before we get to the show notes, let’s talk about planning your Disneyland vacation.
Not only do they have amazing discounts for our followers, they offer refundable vacation packages, so you can book now, getting the best deal, but knowing that they will take care of you should you need to cancel or reschedule. They are currently booking vacations through 2021!
They have discounted tickets, free hotel nights and more. Be sure to use code DisneyKids when booking a hotel stay of 2 or more nights to save even more! This includes stays at the Disney owned hotels, including the Grand Californian Hotel and Spa!
In this review of Disney’s Grand Californian we cover:
- Location of Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Spa (hint: it is super close to the parks!)
- The layout of the rooms, including some draw backs parents may want to be aware of
- What the lobby is like (is it going to scream Disney?)
- Hotel amenities such as how many pools, what dining you might find, and resort activities
- Extra perks for staying at a Disneyland owned hotel, including a few that are exclusive to this hotel
- The price tag for a stay at this hotel, and is it worth it
- The missing detail that drove Becca batty (it is a tiny detail but at this price, every detail counts)
- Other cons for families when staying at the Grand Californian Hotel and Spa
After listening to the episode, you may want to check out:
- Our episode about Mickey’s Tales of Adventure at Storyteller’s Cafe
- Our episode about Disney Princess Breakfast Adventure at Napa Rose
- Becca’s Room Tour of Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Spa ( Also available on Facebook)
- Leslie’s comparison of the Grand Californian and the Disneyland Hotel
Want to talk more about hotels for your Disneyland vacation? Be sure to share with us in the Disneyland with Kids Facebook Group.
Plan Your Disneyland Vacation:
If you want to book a Disneyland vacation we suggest booking through our partners at Get Away Today.
Want to connect with other Disneyland with Kids community members, receive and share tips, and more? Join the Disneyland with Kids Group on Facebook.
Connect With The Hosts:
You can connect with the hosts of Disneyland with Kids at the following locations:
Leslie – Trips with Tykes
Connect with Leslie on:
Julie – Mom Rewritten
Connect with Julie on:
Becca – This Crazy Adventure Called Life
Connect with Becca on:
Jessica – The Happiest Blog On Earth
Connect with Jessica on: