The Paradise Pier Hotel at Disneyland Resort is one that is appealing to many families who want to stay at a Disney owned property, but don’t want to pay the big bucks for the Disneyland Hotel or Grand Californian. But is the Paradise Pier Hotel worth the cost? What is the theming of the hotel? Is it Disney enough? How far is the walk to the parks from Paradise Pier Hotel? We are covering it all for you in this episode of our podcast.
The Paradise Pier Hotel at Disneyland
Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel is a popular option for families that want all the on-site perks from a Disneyland Resort hotel, but don’t want to pay the big bucks. But unlike Walt Disney World, Disneyland’s cheapest hotel is in no way a value resort.
We are diving into this hotel and covering everything from theming, to room layouts, amenities, and distance to the parks, all in an effort to discover if this hotel is worth it’s price tag. And what is that price tag? You might be shocked to find out.
Download This Episode
In This Episode
Here is what you can look forward to in this episode of the Disneyland with Kids Podcast
Should You Stay At Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel?
In this episode, Julie, from Mom Rewritten, and Becca, from This Crazy Adventure Called Life, discuss Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel. From layout, to dining, and even the price tag, they are sharing everything they know so that you can decide if it is worth the cost to stay at this hotel.
The Paradise Pier Hotel is often a draw for travelers who want the perks that come with staying on site, but want a smaller price tag than the other Disney owned properties at Disneyland. The hotel was not originally a Disney owned property, but Disney purchased it in 1995, calling it the Disneyland Pacific Hotel, Renaming it Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel in 2000.
Does the fact that it was not originally a Disney property show? Is the hotel up to date? And what is the strangest part about this hotel?
Before we get to the show notes, let’s talk about planning your Disneyland vacation.
If you are hoping to head to Disneyland Resort when ticket sales resume, we suggest booking through our partners at Get Away Today. As a reminder, ticket sales have been paused while Disneyland works to reopen. However, you can still book hotels, and Disneyland will open ticket sales again when they are able to.
Not only do they have amazing discounts for our followers, they offer a Peace of Mind Plan, so you can book now, getting the best deal, but knowing that they will take care of you should you need to cancel or reschedule. They are currently booking vacations through 2021!
They have discounted tickets, free hotel nights and more. Be sure to use code DisneyKids when booking a hotel stay of 2 or more nights to save even more! This includes stays at the Disney owned hotels, including the Paradise Pier Hotel!
In this episode we talk about the Disneyland Hotel:
- Where is Paradise Pier located and how long will it take to get to the parks
- What is the general theming of the Paradise Pier
- Layout and theming of the rooms
- What you will find in the closet of each room
- Amenities of the Paradise Pier Hotel including the tallest of the Disneyland Resort Pool Slides
- Dining options at Paradise Pier
- Perks for staying at the Paradise Pier Hotel, including the secret Firework Viewing area
- What we would like to see changed about Paradise Pier – hint: new theming, dining and more
- The strangest part of this hotel is the elevators – here is why
- What is the cost of the Paradise Pier Hotel
- Who is the Paradise Pier a good fit for
After listening to the episode, you may want to check out:
- Our episode about Overview of the Disneyland Resort Onsite Hotels
- Our episode about Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Spa
- Our episode about Early Entry Into Disneyland and California Adventure
- Our episode about the Disneyland Hotel
- Becca’s Paradise Pier Hotel Room Tour
- Julie’s Review of the Paradise Pier Hotel
Want to talk more about hotels for your Disneyland vacation? Be sure to share with us in the Disneyland with Kids Facebook Group.
Plan Your Disneyland Vacation:
If you want to book a Disneyland vacation we suggest booking through our partners at Get Away Today.
Want to connect with other Disneyland with Kids community members, receive and share tips, and more? Join the Disneyland with Kids Group on Facebook.
Connect With The Hosts:
You can connect with the hosts of Disneyland with Kids at the following locations:
Leslie – Trips with Tykes
Connect with Leslie on:
Julie – Mom Rewritten
Connect with Julie on:
Becca – This Crazy Adventure Called Life
Connect with Becca on:
Jessica – The Happiest Blog On Earth
Connect with Jessica on: