The Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort is open to guests. The only part of the resort currently open, many wonder if it is worth a visit. Plus, how the district is expanding to include the parks.
From eating insects in ice cream, to shopping for Disney merchandise, Downtown Disney district has become a popular spot for Disney fans while waiting for the Disneyland theme parks to be allowed to reopen.
Downtown Disney Fall and Winter 2020
In this episode of the podcast we are talking about what you can find at Downtown Disney, recent and coming expansions, and spilling some tea on how Disney may have accidentally let us know what they plan to do next.
Download This Episode
For the hearing impaired, you will be able to download the transcript here shortly.
In this Episode
In this episode, Becca, from This Crazy Adventure Called Life, and Jessica, from The Happiest Blog On Earth, are talking about Downtown Disney at Disneyland Resort, what is open, and how Disneyland is finding creative ways to let us walk through the gates, into the actual theme parks.
This episode was recorded on October 29, 2020. Disneyland is releasing new information often. To keep up on the news for Theme Parks Reopening, be sure to join the Disneyland with Kids Group on Facebook.
Before we get into this episode, if you are holding onto Disneyland tickets purchased through our partners at Get Away Today, but just can’t hold off on a Disney vacation, Get Away Today can now help you switch to a Walt Disney World Vacation. You can call them (fastest option) at 855-GET-AWAY and be sure to mention Disneyland with Kids said they could help you make the switch.
If you are like me and hate talking on the phone, you can also use our survey form and a Get Away Today rep will get back with you via email.
Downtown Disney District and Opening Parts of the Parks
In This Episode We Cover:
- What is Downtown Disney (currently the only part of Disneyland currently open)
- How large is Downtown Disney
- Is everything Disney owned in Downtown Disney
- Favorite shops at Downtown Disney
- Favorite places to eat at Downtown Disney
- Salt n’ Straw and the interesting ice cream flavors including those with Goat Cheese and insects in them
- Black Tap Crazy Shakes
- Current operations and protocols at Downtown Disney
- Hollywood Backlot Premiere Shop in Stage 17
- The Buena Vista Street Expansion and how you can go into Disney California Adventure
- Will you need a ticket for Buena Vista Street?
- Will we see a Food Festival at Disneyland soon? How Disneyland may have accidentally told us what they are planning
Become a Supporter!
Want to support the Disneyland with Kids community? Shop our Castle People merchandise or you can make a donation to help support our community. Visit https://disneylandwithkids.info/shop
You might also like:
After listening to this episode you may want to also check out some of our previous episodes and articles on our sites. We suggest:
- How Disneyland Could Reopen and What Other SoCal Theme Parks are doing
- Best and Worst Souvenirs at Disneyland Resort
- Disneyland Reopening Updates (article)
- What’s Open at Disneyland (article)
Meet the co-hosts and founders of Disneyland with Kids
Disneyland with Kids is an online community of parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and more… who help each other plan trips to Disneyland with the littlest mouseketeers. Disneyland with Kids was founded by four Disneyland experts and travel writers, who all happen to be moms. Each of them gives expert advice on their own sites, this podcast, and in the Disneyland with Kids Facebook Group.
Be sure to check out each of our co-founders sites and social media channels:
Leslie- Trips with Tykes
Becca – This Crazy Adventure Called Life
Jessica – The Happiest Blog On Earth
Julie – Mom Rewritten