On June 15, 2021, Disneyland opened to out-of-state guests. With California’s State Restrictions lifted, Disneyland quickly removed mask mandates and social distancing requirements. What are the parks like now that those are gone? And what else must guests planning a summer vacation to Disneyland know before visiting the parks?
From what restrictions are in place, to grabbing a virtual queue boarding group, Disneyland tried to return to a “mostly normal” operation, but what was it really like? Becca and Leslie weigh in on how Disneyland is doing and if they think now is a good time to visit the parks.
Disneyland Continues To Move Forward After Restrictions Lifted
Download This Episode
Before we get into this episode’s show notes, we want to make sure that our listeners are prepared for their Disneyland vacation. Disneyland is requiring reservations to enter the parks.
We suggest purchasing your tickets through our partners at Get Away Today (we have negotiated an exclusive low rate for our Disneyland with Kids members on park tickets) and then making your park reservations ASAP! You can book reservations up to 120 days in advance.
In addition, you can also get great hotel deals, free nights, and discounted or free hotel parking, among other perks. Use code DisneyKids to save on hotel bookings of 2 nights or more.
In This Episode
In this episode of the podcast, Becca, from this Crazy Adventure Called Life, and Leslie, from Trips with Tykes, talk about the changes at Disneyland on June 15, 2021. Both of them were in the parks that week.
From Leslie being their June 14th (the last day of restrictions) to June 16th, and Becca being there June 15 – 18th, they compare notes of their experiences and tell you what to be prepared for if you plan on visiting the parks soon.
Here is what we cover in this episode of the podcast:
- California removes all restrictions and out-of-state guests are welcomed back to Disneyland
- The ever-changing experience of getting through security and into the Disneyland Resort area… what is the best way to enter and more
- Masks – Disneyland ditches masks with less than 24-hour notice, but some people still need to wear them (note: all guests must continue to mask on shuttles, monorail, etc)
- What percentage of people still masked
- What about the children and masks
- As we tired of talking about the pandemic, we moved on to talking about Virtual Queues and how they have changed Disneyland vacations (be sure to check out Leslie’s article on Obtaining a Virtual Queue after you finish this episode)
- What were the crowds like and is it worth it to visit Disneyland right now
You might also like:
After listening to this episode, you might also find these articles and past episodes helpful in planning your Disneyland visit:
- Avengers Campus (episode)
- Top Hotel Picks for Disneyland with Kids (episode)
- Best and Worst Disneyland Souvenirs (episode)
- How to Get Disneyland Park Reservations (article with video instructions)
- Discount Disney Gift Cards (article)
- Disneyland in July 2021 (article- guest guide)
Meet the co-hosts and founders of Disneyland with Kids
Disneyland with Kids is an online community of parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and more… who help each other plan trips to Disneyland with the littlest Mouseketeers. Disneyland with Kids was founded by four Disneyland experts and travel writers, who all happen to be moms. Each of them gives expert advice on their own sites, this podcast, and in the Disneyland with Kids Facebook Group.
Be sure to check out each of our co-founders’ sites and social media channels:
Leslie- Trips with Tykes
Becca – This Crazy Adventure Called Life
Jessica – The Happiest Blog On Earth
Julie – Mom Rewritten