2022 looks to be a promissing year at Disneyland Resort. If you are wondering what you can look forward to when visiting Disneyland this year, the answer is… A LOT! From returning favorites, to new technology, and lands being overhauled. We talk about it all in this episode of the Disneyland with Kids Podcast.
What To Look Forward To At Disneyland in 2022
It seems hard to believe that it has been less than a full year since Disneyland reopened after a lengthy 14-month closure, but it is true. As we head into the first full calendar year since the reopening, we have a lot of exciting announcements already revealed for Disneyland.
Disneyland is finally getting new technology that Walt Disney World has had for a while, Nighttime Spectaculars are returning, Festival Season is back. It all feels so full of hope! So take a listen to what you can expect at Disneyland this year.
One super exciting announcement for 2022 is the all-new Disneyland with Kids Digital Magazine. The quarterly magazine will feature park planning tips, Disney activities, and so much more. And… our podcast listeners can save $5 off the Annual Subscription with code podcast.
Download This Episode
In This Episode: 2022 – The Comeback Year?
Is this the comeback year? Maybe. Take a listen and decide.
In This Episode: Show Notes
- Upcoming launch of the Disneyland with Kids Digital Magazine
- Disney Lunar New Year including a new character coming to the event in 2022
- Details of the upcoming Disney California Food & Wine Festival
- Three nighttime special ticketed events in early 2022
- MagicBands coming to Disneyland, including speculation on what they might offer.
- Disney Genie+ and what you need to know before you buy it.
- Returning shows include Fantasmic!, World of Color, Disneyland Forever fireworks, and the one that won’t go away, the Main Street Electrical Parade!
- Must-know changes to the popular return of the Southern California Resident ticket deal. Purchase tickets through our partner Get Away Today and upgrade to a Magic Key.
- Toontown reimagining including details on when it’s closing for renovations (hint: very soon!)
- Resort updates including Downtown Disney District and new tower at the Disneyland Hotel.
- The fan club D23 Expo returns to Anaheim in September 2022.
- Disneyland With Kids fall meet up details.
You Might Also Enjoy
After listening to this episode you might also enjoy the following podcast episodes and articles:
- Disney California Lunar New Year (article)
- Disney California Food & Wine Festival (article)
- Disneyland is Getting MagicBand+ (article)
- Everything to Know About Disney Genie+ (podcast episode)
- What’s New, Returning and Coming to Disneyland? (article)
Meet the co-hosts and founders of Disneyland with Kids
Disneyland with Kids is an online community of parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and more… who help each other plan trips to Disneyland with the littlest Mouseketeers. Disneyland with Kids was founded by four Disneyland experts and travel writers, who all happen to be moms. Each of them gives expert advice on their own sites, this podcast, and in the Disneyland with Kids Facebook Group.
Be sure to check out each of our co-founders’ sites and social media channels:
Leslie- Trips with Tykes
Becca – This Crazy Adventure Called Life
Jessica – The Happiest Blog On Earth
Julie – Mom Rewritten