We are all missing Fastpass and MaxPass, but don’t worry, Disney has announced the newest version of in-park planning help and line cutting systems… Disney Genie. In this episode, we are breaking down everything we know about Disney Genie, Disney Genie+, Lightning Lanes, and pay-per-ride Fastpass?
Will Disney Genie be a hit or a flop for families planning Disneyland vacations? How will this affect your park plan? Take a listen to the latest Disneyland with Kids Podcast as we break down what we know, and what we think we might see with the new Disney Genie, coming this fall.
Download This Episode
In this Episode – What To Know About Disney Genie Now
In this episode, Leslie, from Trips with Tykes, and Julie, from Mom Rewritten, are breaking down everything we know so far about Disney Genie – a new planning tool, line access system, and more coming to Disneyland (and Walt Disney World) Fall 2021.
Leslie and Julie talk about everything we know, and some educated guesses on what we might see when this new offering rolls out to Disneyland guests later this season.
In this episode we cover:
- Fastpass and MaxPass – Goodbye dear friends
- What is Disney Genie – a free planning tool
- Disney Genie+ – A replacement for MaxPass
- What is a Lightning Lane
- How many attractions will have Lightning Lane Access through Disney Genie+
- Paid a la carte Lightning Lane attractions
- Estimated pricing for the a la carte options
- How will this affect families on a budget
- Disney Genie release and Virtual Queues
- Questions we still have about the Disney Genie system
Just an hour after this episode was recorded, OC Register published an article stating the a la carte Lightning Lane options will be called Lightning Lane Select.
You might also like:
After listening to this episode of the podcast, you might also find these episodes and articles helpful:
- Disney Genie+ – Your Questions Answered (article on Trips with Tykes)
- Things To Do While Waiting In Line (article on Mom Rewritten)
- The Disneyland App (Podcast Episode)
- Avengers Campus (Podcast Episode that talks about virtual queues)
Meet the co-hosts and founders of Disneyland with Kids
Disneyland with Kids is an online community of parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and more… who help each other plan trips to Disneyland with the littlest Mouseketeers. Disneyland with Kids was founded by four Disneyland experts and travel writers, who all happen to be moms. Each of them gives expert advice on their own sites, this podcast, and in the Disneyland with Kids Facebook Group.
Be sure to check out each of our co-founders’ sites and social media channels:
Leslie- Trips with Tykes
Becca – This Crazy Adventure Called Life
Jessica – The Happiest Blog On Earth
Julie – Mom Rewritten