Maybe you are a Disneyland regular who is planning their first Walt Disney World vacation? Or maybe you frequent Walt Disney World, but are making a voyage to the original Disney theme park. Either way, if you are planning a vacation to the “other park” there are going to be some big differences. From size, to how far in advance you can make reservations… today we are covering some of the biggest differences between Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
Download This Episode
In this Episode
In this Episode, Leslie from Trips with Tykes, and Julie from Mom Rewritten are comparing the differences between Disneyland and Walt Disney World, and what it will mean for planning your vacation with your family.
Both Leslie and Julie spend time at both parks, Leslie visiting Walt Disney World since she was little before moving to California and becoming a Disneyland regular (but still making a trip to the east coast nearly annually) and Julie growing up going to Disneyland, and just starting annual Walt Disney World trips in the last 5 years or so.
Between the two of them, they talk about several differences that you will want to take note of between Disneyland and Walt Disney World vacations.
Differences between Disneyland and Disney World Vacations
In This Episode We Cover:
- Booking your vacations
- The difference in size and how this will effect your vacation
- Transportation options to get to the resort, including why we call it the Tragical Express
- Transportation options at the resort, and the one that both Leslie and Julie can’t wait to try
- The hotel situation (PS- Leslie has a great article on picking the right Disney World Hotel)
- On Site Perks – why does Walt Disney World get so many
- Visitor demographics and how that effects the parks
- How long should you plan for your first Walt Disney World vacation
- Cutting the line options – what is different about them (please note that this is talking about pre-pandemic times)
- Disneyland has more of this line cutting option than Walt Disney World…
- Dining at Disneyland versus Walt Disney World, when to book and more
- What rides are the same and which are different at Disneyland and Disney World
While Disneyland is still closed our partners at Get Away Today are now booking 2021 vacations to Disneyland Resort. While you cannot yet include tickets, you can lock in your hotel. Use code DisneyKids to save extra on hotel stays of 2 nights or more. Once Disneyland ticket sales reopen, you can easily add them to your package.
If you just need to get your Disney fix, they are booking vacations now for Walt Disney World and offer a full concierge service for your trip. Fill out this form to get a personalized quote for your vacation.
You might also like:
After listening to this episode you may want to also check out some of our previous episodes. We suggest:
- Fastpass vs MaxPass
- Flying to Disneyland with Kids
- Road Trip to Disneyland with Kids
- How Many Days To Spend at Disneyland
Meet the co-hosts and founders of Disneyland with Kids
Disneyland with Kids is an online community of parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and more… who help each other plan trips to Disneyland with the littlest mouseketeers. Disneyland with Kids was founded by four Disneyland experts and travel writers, who all happen to be moms. Each of them give expert advice on their own sites, this podcast, and in the Disneyland with Kids Facebook Group.
Be sure to check out each of our co-founders sites and social media channels:
Leslie- Trips with Tykes
Becca – This Crazy Adventure Called Life
Jessica – The Happiest Blog On Earth
Julie – Mom Rewritten