Every parent’s worst fear is to lose a child. And talking about losing a child at Disneyland seems like a way to kill the magic, but if you are heading to The Happiest Place On Earth, it is something you need to prepare for. Disneyland is crowded. There is a lot going on. And yes, a child can get lost at Disneyland.
In fact, it has happened to both of our co-hosts on today’s episode. And they, and their kids, are Disneyland regulars. It can happen to anyone.
What To Do If Your Child Gets Lost At Disneyland
In this episode, we are talking about a super important topic… what to do if your child gets lost at Disneyland. Even more importantly, we are talking about how to prepare in advance, in case you and your child get separated. If you only ever listen to one podcast episode… we hope this is it.
Before we get into this week’s show notes, a huge shout out to Bowers Museum for sponsoring this episode. Located in Orange County, their current exhibit, All That Glitters, The Crown Jewels of the Walt Disney Archives, is a great addition to your May or early June 2022 trip. Visit Bowers.org for more info.
In This Episode – What To Do If Your Child Gets Lost at Disneyland
Today, Jessica and Becca are talking about an important topic – what to do if your child and you are separated at Disneyland. From how to prepare ahead of time, to ways to be reunited quickly if you do get lost, we cover it all in this episode and in the articles linked after the show notes.
In This Episode We Discuss:
- How we lost our kids at Disneyland – it can happen to anybody
- What situations may be more apt to lead to a separation
- What you and your children should do to prepare for your Disneyland vacation, in case they get lost
- Insider tips on how to find your child, get help from Cast Members, and more
- The one tip a Cast Member and nanny told us for when a child is lost
- How to get back to enjoying your vacation after your reunion
This episode is super important, because there are a lot of things you and your child can do to make sure that if you do get separated or lost, you will be quickly reunited.
After this episode you may also like:
- My Child Got Lost In Disney – How It Can Happen To You & What To Know (article)
- What To Do If Your Child Gets Lost At Disney (article)
- Tips for Letting Kids Ride Alone at Disneyland (article)
- What To Take To Disneyland (podcast episode)
- Disneyland Single Rider Lines (article)
Meet the co-hosts and founders of Disneyland with Kids
Disneyland with Kids is an online community of parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and more… who help each other plan trips to Disneyland with the littlest Mouseketeers. Disneyland with Kids was founded by four Disneyland experts and travel writers, who all happen to be moms. Each of them gives expert advice on their own sites, this podcast, and in the Disneyland with Kids Facebook Group.
Be sure to check out each of our co-founders’ sites and social media channels:
Leslie- Trips with Tykes
Follow Leslie on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
Becca – This Crazy Adventure Called Life
Follow Becca on Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Facebook
Jessica – The Happiest Blog On Earth
Follow Jessica on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
Julie – Mom Rewritten